Healthcare costs continue to increase. According to the United States Center for Disease Control the average person sees a physician 3.13 times per year and more than 50% of those visits are related to a new or chronic concern related to a muscle, bone, joint or nerve injury.
The average cost of a physician visit is $200 with a patient paying $49 after insurance (average of copay and high deductible plans), which does not include any imaging ordered by the physician such as an x-ray (average cost $150) or MRI (average cost $1,300).
Here are 5 ways you can help control your healthcare costs in 2019:
- Get your annual checkup– all insurances cover 100% of a preventative physical.
- Drink enough water- dehydration is a common cause of headaches, GI distress and fatigue
- Get enough sleep- your body requires rest to function at an optimal level to meet your daily needs. The amount of sleep required differs by age.
- Exercise- a body in motion stays in motion; however, your body requires adaption so start slow and gradually increase.
- Be proactive not reactive- often we recognize when something isn’t right, but don’t seek care until we are no longer able to do what we need. Waiting until it’s too painful to move or you simply can’t perform increases time to recovery and cost of care by over 300%.
Access Group Physical Therapy strives to be your partner in living an optimal life. We want to help you prevent limitations and teach you the skills to manage your health without needing expensive medical care.
If you are wanting to take up exercising, go on a hiking trip, get on the floor to play with your kids, or work a full day without pain, we are here to help you.
Give us a call today for a complimentary consultation at 651-330-2286 or visit one of our three convenient Twin Cities locations in Little Canada, Woodbury and Wyoming, MN.